Needle Exchange Locations in New York City
If you inject drugs, medication, or hormones, we can get you free clean needles and safely dispose of your used needles. Our needle exchange program is free, confidential, and legal.
Stop by one of our sites to get started or call Isaac Hernandez at 646.523.2315
What you can get
- Testing for HIV and Hepatitis C (only available at some sites. Call for more information)
- Clean needles & supplies to more safely inject drugs or hormones
- Counseling on how to use drugs more safely, have safer sex, and reduce your risk for infection, overdose, and other potential negative side effects of drug or hormone use
- Crack safety kits
- Safer sex kits
- Referrals to additional supportive services
- Education on sex worker safety and overdose prevention
If you’re HIV+, you can also get:
- Support groups for HIV+ people
- Individual counseling
- Relapse prevention and recovery readiness support
- Food bags
- Hygiene kits
Needle Exchange Locations
West 23rd Street & Highland View Avenue
- Thursdays: 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
125th Street & Lenox Avenue
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
East Tremont Avenue & 3rd Avenue
- Mondays: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Brighton 4th Street & Brightwater Court
- Tuesdays: 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
South 5th Street & Marcy Avenue
- Saturdays: 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.