Harlem United Signs on to Letter to the Office of National Drug Control Policy
Harlem United, along with 200 other healthcare groups, sent a letter to the Office of National Drug Control Policy urging the Biden Administration to pursue proven solutions to end the overdose crisis and the drug war.
Key policy recommendations include:
- Ground the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) in evidence-based drug policies backed by science and public health approaches
- Commit the ONDCP to dismantle the drug war
- Dedicate funds to sustain harm reduction providers
- Direct the Department of Justice to withdraw litigation challenging the operation of overdose prevention centers
- Permanently extend the SAMHSA/DEA COVID-19 accommodations for methadone and buprenorphine access